If you are interested in trying out to be a ball kid for 2024, please register through this link. Ball kid information is sent out in the beginning of December.
It is important that all ball kids and their parents read the information below before committing to be a part of the team.
Ball Kid Requirements - You must be able to complete all requirements below to participate. NO exceptions will be made:
1. Must be 12 years of age or older.
2. Be willing or allowed to miss one day of school during tournament week.
3. Be able to work 3 shifts during tournament week, INCLUDING one day session.
4. Qualifying shift requirements:
- 1st and 2nd year ball kids must sign up for both days of qualifying to be a ball kid.
- All ball kids in which it is their third year or more, qualifying is optional but you must meet the other requirements for your shifts.
5. Practice attendance requirements:
- If this is your 1st or 2nd year as a ball kid, you must be at 5 of the 6 practices offered.
- If this is your 3rd or 4th year as a ball kid, you must be at 3 of the 6 practices offered.
- If this is your 5th year or more as a ball kid, you must be at 1 of the 6 practices offered.
6. You must be able to pass the ball kid test that is given during the last week of practice.
Ball Kid Skills:
1. Be physically able to stand/kneel for extended periods of time.
2. Be able to roll a tennis ball the entire length of a court, within a 4ft area.
3. Understand the rules and scoring of tennis.
4. Be a good listener.
5. Understand the role of a ball kid, in positions, nets and backs.