Ball kids are full for 2023. If you are interested in being a ball kid for 2024, please add your name to the list here.
It is important that all ball kids and their parents read the information below before committing to be a part of the team:
Ball Kid Requirements:
1. Must be 12 years of age or older.
2. Be willing or allowed to miss one day of school during tournament week.
3. Be able to work 3 shifts during tournament week, INCLUDING one day session.
4. Qualifying shift requirements:
- 1st and 2nd year ball kids must sign up for both days of qualifying to be a ball kid.
- All ball kids in which it is their third year or more, qualifying is optional but you must meet the other requirements for your shifts.
5. Practice attendance requirements:
- If this is your 1st or 2nd year as a ball kid, you must be at 5 of the 6 practices offered.
- If this is your 3rd or 4th year as a ball kid, you must be at 3 of the 6 practices offered.
- If this is your 5th year or more as a ball kid, you must be at 1 of the 6 practices offered.
7. You must be able to pass the ball kid test that is given during the last week of practice.
Ball Kid Skills:
1. Be physically able to stand/kneel for extended periods of time.
2. Be able to roll a tennis ball the entire length of a court, within a 4ft area.
3. Understand the rules and scoring of tennis.
4. Be a good listener.
5. Understand the role of a ball kid, in positions, nets and backs.